Sunday, December 9, 2012

December 10, 2012 ~ Day 10: Giving our hearts (with a gift)




Each of you should give what you have decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7

Day 10

Thoughts ~ I want to give far more than I am able to. If I could, I would truly love to just take the rest of my life off and give, give, give. Like they did in the movie Pay it Forward. I was not always like that.  I used to be more into the receiving end, but over time, God reworked my heart and made me a giver.  I’m sure not bragging about this because I had absolutely nothing at all to do with it. It was all Him.


Tonight friends took me out to dinner for my birthday. I sort of celebrate on and off for a couple of weeks with different groups which is really fun. With our 25 days of giving in mind, I went to the party store and bought little cellophane bags and red tissue paper.  Inside I tucked a very inexpensive star ornament that I had purchased on clearance in the past. I changed out the crinkled ribbon to a cuter one that was crisper. When I met my friends for my birthday dinner, I gave each one a bag. They sure weren’t expecting it but more than that, I could tell it made them feel appreciated. I think that is what giving from our hearts is about: showing love and appreciation to one another.



Action ~ Sometimes the packaging is as important as the gift, don’t you think? Inside your little bags you could put anything. A coupon for free babysitting or a car wash, candy canes, dollar store items like cookie cutters or refrigerator magnets. It’s just so much fun to give surprise gifts to people you know even casual acquaintances. If you are able to tie a scripture with your gift, it’s meaningful.  Mine was “follow that star” from Luke 2. Or simply an appreciative note to your receiver.  If you gave candy canes you could write out the words on this card:


Have fun!


Prayer ~ Lord, you really have taught me to give through Your giving so much to me. Thank you for touching my heart.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment