Monday, December 10, 2012

December 11, 2012 ~ Day 11:Giving our hearts (with a marker)




Do not let kindness and truth leave you;
Bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
 Proverbs 3:3

Day 11

Thoughts ~ Bookmarks have always been special to me since I have a tendency to collect books. I will probably never own an ipad because I love the feel of a book so much . . . plus I use my various book marks all the time; in my Bible plus the collection of books I am trying to read at the time. When I don’t have a bookmark handy I’ll grab an envelope or even a paperclip to mark my place. Sometimes I use bookmarks to encourage others by giving them one after one of the Bible Studies I teach. I just love seeing women open their Bibles with lots of markers in them, holding places for their favorite verses.

Action ~ My friend Vicki thought it would be a great “giving of our heart” to give bookmarks to people. I love the idea! Her daughter has often laminated graphics I designed for us and I use several of them as bookmarks so it would be easy to print them out and laminate them . . .  if you have a laminator, that is. You can also drive over to your nearest Christian book store (or go on line) and buy packs of them to give out. You are welcome to print these out though.



I am thinking that when it gets closer to Christmas I will print out the Proverbs 3 bookmark and hand them out at the mall when people come out of the bookstore there.  Or maybe at the library. I want to do this! Thanks Vicki!

As we show kindness, let’s show the Truth of God’s word whenever we have the opportunity. It makes a difference to people, even when they act as though it doesn’t.



Pray ~ Father I love your word so much. May I tuck it inside my soul and write it on the tablets of my heart. 

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment