Friday, March 13, 2015

Do you feel discouraged?




When you are feeling discouraged, you know that God does not bring that emotion to you, the enemy does. Right? Yet, we are humans that feel discouragement from time to time . . . at least I sure do.

This morning I felt completely overwhelmed. And discouragement began creeping towards me like the morning fog, with hints of engulfing me.

Since I know this is not a feeling that brings me joy, I immediately prayed about the discouragement, and as I did, the Spirit of God reminded me that God is not only aware of it, but for whatever reason, He is allowing this situation to remain in my life, and He is going to use this for my good. 


So, being the wise Christian (insert a slight grin here, okay?) I opened up His word for verses to encourage me. Romans 8:28, Joshua 1:9, Psalm 121:2 and Proverbs 3:5-6 all brought much needed encouragement!


And while the discouragement is beginning to burn off as I put my trust in the Lord, I made a resolution to find some real R & R this weekend. I need that refreshment, don’t you? 

Trusting in the Lord, 

Becky 


Join me on my Facebook page Trust in the Lord ~  
 Click on the pink heart on the right hand bar.

1 comment: