Thursday, July 16, 2015

HOPE: Word of the Day



Webster’s definition of hope is “a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.” We all love that feeling of expectation as we wait for things to happen, don’t we? However, there is One who has more to say about hope!
  • Psalm 31:24 reminds us to “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” 
  • Psalm 33:20 encourages us as we wait on the Lord: “We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.” 
When I find I’m feeling discouraged about any single issue in life, I’m aware that it’s because my hope is fading, and I need to quickly go before Him, asking for His help. I know that God doesn’t send discouragement, but His enemy does. God wants me to be lifted up by staying in His Word, trusting Him with all of my heart, and leaning on Him, not my emotions.

1 Peter 3:15 reminds us to share the hope we have in Jesus: “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

Finally, Psalm 25:5 reminds us where our hope can be found: “Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.”


Choose Jesus! Choose hope!

Becky Capps
Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment