Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 10, 2012 ~ The Deuteronomy Road





It is the Lord who goes before you. 
He will be with you; 
He will not leave you or forsake you. 
Do not fear or be dismayed.
Deuteronomy 31:8

Thoughts~

Have you ever traveled The Deuteronomy Road? It’s a spiritual pathway that takes you on an amazing journey to the deepest relationship that you could possibly imagine with the Lord. Ever possibly imagine.  It's life changing!

If I were to have created a perfect path for my journey as a new believer, I would have designed it full of flowers along the borders, trees with spiritual fruits for the picking, birds singing, waterfalls flowing and dogs running beside me in happy merriment. There would be encouragement signs along the way with meaningful Bible verses that would propel me into “Spiritual Gianthood ” My life would be easy and carefree without troubles. And my version would have been something right out of a Walt Disney movie. However, God does not promise fairy tales, but help in our real life, every day dramas.

If God had allowed me to create a perfect path that would lead to spiritual growth, I would never have made it full of the bumps, valleys, and walls that I was constantly climbing out of, or over. 

And yet, God took an extremely bumpy path, and used it for His glory to bring me to a deeper spiritual walk with Him.  Every bump taught me to look to Him and no one else. Each of the valleys along the way taught me to trust Him with all of my heart. And the many walls I climbed over taught me how to pray for His will, not my own, when I came to something I thought was insurmountable. He showed me that nothing is impossible when He is in charge. Nothing.

Today, perfect peace for me is knowing that the path I take every day is the one where the Lord is in the lead, not me. It is knowing that no matter what, God will not forsake me, but watch over my every step as I walk along the way. I no longer have any fear, and feeling dismayed is no longer part of my vocabulary. That’s my Deuteronomy Road. A path where I follow Jesus.

Action~

For a minute or two, join me on The Deuteronomy Road. There is no need for a suit case; all you’ll need is one verse: Deuteronomy 31:8. Let’s dissect this amazing verse:

*Allow the Lord to go before you.

*He will be with you every step of the way.

*He will never leave you, not even once.

*He will never forsake you.

*You do not ever have to fear again because you will place your complete trust in Him.

*Dismay (to be shattered in the Hebrew) is no longer part of your world, because you know that God is in charge and has a better plan than you could have designed.


The secret to experiencing the fullness of God’s grace and love on The Deuteronomy Road is to stop listening to the enemy of God who wants you to fail/fear/stumble/panic/be anxious/feel shattered/be dismayed/worry/and give up.

When satan’s evil voice whispers into my ear I simply say out loud “Be gone, in the name of Jesus Christ, my Protector and my Truth!” I do not engage in any deeper conversation with the enemy, and I personally don’t feel more words are needed.  The Holy Spirit protects me from the enemy, so I do not need to quote lots of scripture to him.  He knows the truth and the Truth will make him flee: “Be gone, in the name of Jesus Christ, my Protector and my Truth!”

Please, as always, feel free to print the images out and use them as reminders. I truly want for you, my friend, to be blessed as you experience The Deuteronomy Road.

Pray~

Lord, thank You for the most amazing journey You have planned for my life. I trust You 100% to lead me onward, and I place my trust in You.

Trusting in Him,
Becky


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to have found your blog, I am on my own journey now...and I feel very strongly that it is bringing me closer to God. You have seemed to put it in words for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    I'm happy you found it too! I pray your journey not only touched your life spiritually, but that of others around you.

    Becky <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    Thanks for sharing what the Lord is doing in your life!
    Many blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete