Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 24, 2012 ~ Singing Praises



You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance; 
You have taken away my sorrow
and surrounded me with joy.
So I will not be silent;
I will sing praise to You.
Lord, you are my God;
I will give you thanks forever.
Psalm 30:11-12


Thoughts~

What an exuberant feeling it is to experience this kind of joy! We all experience times of ups and downs, peace and upheaval, joyfulness and sadness.  Thankfully God always brings us out of those times that weigh us down; He knows we can only bear so much.  

But when we are released from the sadness we are soon walking forward, dancing with joy in our hearts, sharing our joy with all who will listen. I think that is what hope is about: looking ahead to the future. When I experience the tough times, I try to remember to look forward: glimpsing that the end is in sight, that God has a perfect plan for my circumstances . . . and that soon I shall be doing the happy dance again.

Action~

If this is a happy time, dance! Remember to thank God for the happy times and enjoy them with everything you have! And please, know my friend, that during the harder times, He is molding your character and will use it to bring spiritual growth into your life. Trust me: I have been through it all and have survived, grown and learn to trust Him with all my heart. I encourage you to hang in there. And TRUST HIM and His Word.

Pray~

Lord, I praise You for the joyful times You bring into my life because You love me . . . and I love You.  Help me to remember that when I am struggling, You will bring me out of the sadness and show me how to dance again with joy.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky

1 comment:

  1. I recently encountered this. I relapsed into old ways last week. Wasn't going to go to church yesterday but did. His mercy and grace and love overwhelmed me during worship that I had to kneel before the altar and sing with my head touching the ground. He is such a wonderful God. <3 Praise Him <3

    ReplyDelete