Friday, October 12, 2012

Jesus, the King of Kings




He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, 
the King of kings and Lord of lords, 
who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. 
To Him be honor and eternal dominion! 
Amen.
1 Timothy 6:15-16

Thoughts~


God answers prayer in funny ways sometimes. Last week I prayed that I could come up with a new graphic that would touch people like this one that I made in January this year:

This little yellow notebook page went totally viral, and not just on Facebook and Pinterest, but on other bloggers posts, on church websites and other sites, too. The Trust in the Lord Facebook page gained a lot of new “fans” . . . and new fans meant they would share the graphics with their friends and we grew! We grew a whole lot! :)
Nothing new came to my mind after my prayer, so with school midterms, I applied my time to studying. Even though I create about 95% of the graphics I post, there are times I just don't have time, so I’ll go find one on Pinterest or another place on the internet. Yesterday, I was really swamped so began looking for a graphic to share . . . and found this one by Crosscards. For me, it is proclaiming "Jesus is the King of my heart."



Well, this little graphic was used by the Lord in the most amazing way. People by the tens of thousands “liked” it and shared it.  And hundreds posted comments. It was posted on timelines all over Facebook, and while I have no idea who created it in the first place, I am so grateful to them. I'm joyfully amazed at God's answered prayer.

With mostly positive comments, there was a lot of trash talk, vulgarity and junk that was posted by youth, and even younger adults, too. As I read comments during the day, I had to delete a lot of comments, and ban people from the page because I could tell they would be back to drop their filthy words.

BUT, . . . Here is one of the great ways God uses Facebook: the people who were banned still can read the comments by the Christians. And as a human being, they will be tempted to peek. Who knows how God will use the kindness and encouragement of the believers already on the page to lead someone to the Lord.

God heard my prayer, and in a very personalized way, answered it, giving me an opportunity to minister to so many more people all across the world.

He really is the King of Kings!

Action~
Ask the Lord for what matters most to you and watch Him answer in a custom made way! God is in the details and He loves to answer our prayers when they bring glory to Him.

Prayer~
I thank You so much, Lord, for hearing my prayer and bringing more people to be encouraged with Your word.

Trusting in the King of my heart, the King of my life,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment