Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8, 2012 ~ God is Able



God is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.
Ephesians 3:20

Thoughts ~ When we have a problem we have two choices.  One is to spend hours agonizing over it, worrying and fretting, looking at it from every possible angle. Another choice, the much wiser choice, is to run as fast as you can to God who is able to accomplish more than we could ever imagine. When I think about this I get so excited!

Very, very excited.

As I thought about how often these huge, gigantic problems that enter our lives are seen in human terms, not divine ones, I was humbled. We are limited by our ability and forget that the Creator of the Universe can do anything He wants to do for us.  Sometimes He doesn’t give us what we think we need. But He always gives us what He knows we need!

His plan is better. So much better.

Last fall I could see that I was fast running out of money to pay my rent for January. I was going to school full time with 6 super difficult classes, babysitting my two precious grandsons and painting canvases, wood and walls for clients to bring in income. But I saw my budget and could see that the January rent was just not going to be there. However, because God has been so amazingly faithful in my life, I decided that this time I would not just pray and then come back to Him to pray again and again and again, acting like He may not have heard me the first time. This time I would pray only once, out loud, and then trust Him to provide more work or whatever He saw fit.

December rolled around and on the 24th of December I still did not have more work or more income. But I felt a supernatural peace deep within my heart and knew it was the power of the Holy Spirit. Around 10:30 in the morning I met a client (and friend who I rarely see because of distance and schedules) for coffee so I could deliver the stools she had ordered for Christmas gifts. We talked a while, enjoying our mutual love for the Lord and she shared some things about how I encourage her that totally blessed my heart. Then all of a sudden she tells me that God had put me on her mind all month long and that He had directed her to go beyond a tithe and give generously of what He had given her. (Remember this: not one person knew my situation!) Then out came her wallet and then she laid $800 on the table in front of me. With a shocked and incredibly grateful heart and a face filled with tears, I was humbled and felt God’s love in an incredible tangible way. We both cried a while and I was so emotional I could not even share with her the full story of my need until a few days later. God used another believer to meet my needs and when He prompted her to help me, she listened. My rent was not only paid but I had a little left over to pay another bill.

Living simply is a new way of life for me that came as a result of the recession and my decision to go back to school. It’s hard at times, but what I’ve learned about generosity from others like my friend, and the Lords ability to provide just what I need, has been worth it. I can’t wait to be on the giving end again but for now, God is teaching me how He wants me to be willing to share my abundance when I finish school.

Trusting God with your life makes so much more sense that wasting time with worries doesn’t it?

Action ~ One thing that helps me when I want to worry (why do we even want to I wonder?) is to pray in a quiet place out loud. Praying in my heart is normally my favorite way to speak to God because I am able to listen to His voice better; but when I worry, I speak out loud. The reason? When I hear myself give the situation over to the Lord, it is an audible reminder that I have given it to God and I need to just step away from the situation and allow Him to do all He wants to do in my life. I basically need to stay out of His way. God is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.

He is able!

Prayer ~ Lord I lift up every person who reads this blog today and ask You to show them how able You truly are.

Trusting in God’s ability,
Becky

PS
After posting this blog to my Facebook account I wanted to add this note from the amazing woman you just read about. 


"Becky I was just so touched with how God moved both of us. You can only imagine how I was thinking. Really God, you want me to just say I'm taking care of your rent? How much is it and how do I do it so that I don't offend someone I care about? Then it was, just stand back and let God open those doors and don't worry about it. Much love my friend. I so wish we lived closer to each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment