Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5, 2012 ~ Our Potter





But now, O Lord, You are our Father,
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all of us are the work of Your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

Thoughts ~ Sometimes I just don’t recognize myself with all the molding, chiseling and forming that the Lord is doing on this “clay” spirit of mine. Where is the old me and what did He do with her?

Currently I am experiencing a time of waiting as I wait for Him to reveal some specific plans to me. Waiting has never been easy but it seems I am far better off in enjoying the wait rather than fighting it. There is an art to waiting, and I find it is best to continue doing whatever it is I am doing, knowing He has heard my prayer for direction, and that He will reveal it at the perfect time. In the meantime, I continue on with my day to day life, anticipating the next bit of clay being added to my vessel.

When God has a plan for me (for all of us) He refines us so He can use us in other people’s lives. He uses us as a vessel to bring Jesus, joy, hope, encouragement, healing, blessings and so many other gifts to people in need. We should be pliable clay in His hands and He will mold us just right for the job, service or ministry He is preparing for us. His intention is never just to make us look like a pretty vessel; we are going to be a useful one, all for His purposes. And we are all so unique, just like the immense variety of clay pots that are found in garden nurseries, we are that unique.

Over the past few years my clay formation has looked more like a rough clay pot in my opinion: layer upon layer of building me up, changing things, creating in me a desire to serve Him no matter where, no matter how, and no matter when. Adding handles, He uses them to carry me to new paths and purposes. I actually like it and feel a tinge of excited hope constantly, sensing that He is about to say “Surprise! Here we go, Becky.”

Whatever the surprise may be, it is God’s doing.  I am the clay, He is my potter, He has the plans and I will wait to be turned into His vessel of choice.


 
Action ~ I wanted to share this poem that I love with you.  I hope you enjoy it.

Clay In The Potter's Hand

There is One who always knew me
Shaping my heart within His hand
Reaching out to hold me
Helping me to stand.

Living waters pour over and over
To soften this vessel of clay
That I may better serve Him
In the mission fields each day.

I am The Potter's work
Set upon His wheel
Teaching me His Ways
In how to care and love another.

Our Father reached out to me
The Spirit of Peace I feel
Etching His truths across my heart
As I sing upon His wheel.

The Potter is not quite through
There's more work on me to do
Holy waters still gently pour
Upon my soul-
Now being
restored.

Julie Pisacane © 2006

Pray ~ Dear Father, thank You for molding me with a special purpose in mind. Thank You for being my Potter.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment