Thursday, July 16, 2015

TRUST: Word of the Day


Trust, according to Webster, means to have “assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something, one in which confidence is placed.” Using this definition, it seems difficult to imagine a person who unconditionally fits this description in our lives. However, there is One who we can fully trust and that is the Lord!

  • Proverbs 3:5-6 is my ‘go-to’ verse for everything: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
  • Psalm 28:7 reminds us that “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.”
Ten years ago I found myself thrust into a completely different life: singleness, the recession hit, my business floundered, children got married and moved away from home, and life abruptly changed in nearly every other area. I knew from my years of loving Jesus that I had a choice to make, and I chose to trust in the Lord, leaning completely on Him, instead of looking at the details of my circumstances.  Putting my trust in Him made everything doable, since I knew He wanted the best for me.

Jeremiah 17:7 is another favorite of many people, and a wonderful reminder that we will be happiest when we trust in the Lord: “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord And whose trust is the Lord.”

Finally, Psalm 40 is "my" Psalm. In verse three,  I am reminded to praise our God: “He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord.” God has been restoring my life, day by day, and this Psalm speaks deeply to my heart. I really encourage you to read the entire Psalm here. And know this: God will use your trust in Him to encourage others to do the same.



I choose to trust in the Lord!

Becky Capps
Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment