Friday, July 17, 2015

WAIT: Word of the Day


Wait means to “stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens” according to Webster. God has a lot to say about waiting, too . . . in fact, His word has over 140 references to the word wait. Webster defines the words of the day for us, but as believers in Christ, we can victoriously live them as we delay our actions as we wait for the Lord to direct our steps.

  • Psalm 27:14 says we should “Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.”
  • Micah 7:7 proclaims “But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.”

Oh, how I have come to love this word wait! It fills my heart with calming assurance that it is far better to wait on the Lord, than act impulsively and plunge into uncertain situations. Waiting also shows hope in God, while trusting His ability to move in our lives. To wait doesn’t mean to actually sit and do nothing when it comes to our faith: it’s an act of giving the situation, to the Lord, and waiting for His direction.

To wait is also a reminder that we are all waiting for eternal life with Jesus. And we should all “keep ourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.” Jude 1:21
 
Another favorite verse of mine is Psalm 37:7 and I am reminded to “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.”  Sometimes I have to work on the patience part, but I am learning to wait on Him. 
 
 

















Choose to wait! Choose Jesus!

Becky Capps
Encourager
 



No comments:

Post a Comment