Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 28, 2012



I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Thoughts ~

Most Christians love Philippians 4:13. According to Bible Gateway it is in the top ten favorite verses every year. It’s almost as familiar as our very own name . . . and so why do we forget to allow it to soak into our hearts?

When I read the verse slowly it seems to sink in the best. Word by word, I say it and when I get to the word “all” I say it louder. God strengthens me; He prepares me with courage and any other trait I am lacking.  He props me up and says “You CAN do ALL things. I WILL strengthen you with exactly what you need.” When life seems bleak, I call on the strength of the Lord to show me how to do ALL things!

Like Paul, we may be learning to be content no matter what state we find ourselves in. Whether with little or with plenty, Paul hung in there and relied on Christ for his strength. We need to copy Him. He is our brave example of dependence on the Lord.


Action ~

It's time to make a list of the “ALL’s” in your life that you think you can’t do. Maybe YOU can't . . . BUT HE CAN! Turn them over to the Lord and watch Him go to work! 

Pray ~

Father, what a blessing it is to have you love us and take care of our emotional needs. Thank you for giving me the strength to press on towards the goal.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment