Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012




Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

Proverbs 13:12

Thoughts~

I suddenly realized through a friend’s statement (that was not even meant for me) that I was holding on really tight to something that I needed to let go. Clutching it closely, it was a memory that was keeping me from being able to move forward. It was, in a weird way, a comfort to me, even though the memory was definitely not bringing me closure to a situation. 

My friends random words made me think about how when my grandson has his pacifier in his mouth, the minute he sees his bottle coming, he spits it out so he can receive something better. I wasn’t releasing my “pacifier” and so how could I expect God to bring me something better?

As long as I am holding on to something, I can’t reach out and accept what God wants to give to me next. Hope is like that.  God offers us the opportunity to release old issues, baggage or memories so that we have something wonderful to look forward to. 

He understands our hearts better than we do and He wants to fulfill those longings we have, as long as they are in accordance to His word. But we must let go of what we are holding on to, so that hope can soar into our souls and we can wait expectantly with open hands.

Action~

What might be in your hands? As you read the paragraphs above, did something immediately come to your mind that you are grasping onto with all your might? Something that isn’t quite harming you, but, it certainly isn't helping you. Or is it making you sick and keeping you in a parking zone, so that you can’t move ahead. 

It’s time to release it if you want new blessings from God. He has some special plans for each of us so give whatever it is to Him. He doesn't recycle old dreams or hopes: He buries them and brings new blessings of joy in the most perfect time for your life. For the Christian whose hope is in the Lord, who is walking according to His will, get ready to receive.

What is your deepest longing? Tell the Lord.  He already knows, but, tell Him anyway. Hearing yourself speak it out loud, helps you to know and remember you have talked to the Lord about it.

Pray~

Lord, I'm going to let this old thing go. I don’t want it anymore: I want to hope for the future and accept your blessings. I am ready to receive. Fulfill my longing, Lord. 

Trusting in Him,
Becky

Like my Facebook page here:

No comments:

Post a Comment