Sunday, May 6, 2012

March 30, 2012



"Enter through the narrow gate.
For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction,
and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
Matthew 7: 13-14

Thoughts~

Sometimes I am astonished that at 16 years old I walked through that narrow gate and found eternal life. I want to thank my younger self for listening to the truth. There were a bunch of us at a Young Life camp that weekend and amidst all the singing and campfires and fun games, the Holy Spirit grabbed a hold of me and showed me the truth about Jesus. My life has not been the same since.

Because I accepted the gift of salvation, I was a totally changed person. I felt convicted when I messed up, convicted when I had to take a stand and convicted when I knew I needed to share my faith. Walking through the narrow gate isn’t easy when your friends take the broader road. You feel a little bit mocked and a little bit shunned . . .  kind of like Jesus did. I learned over the years that the narrow gate is my assurance at a forever life with the God of my life. I’m happy I saw the narrow gate at such a young age because having the Lord by my side over the decades has brought joy, confidence, love, hope and plenty of protection. Mostly, I’m glad I saw the opening to eternal life.

Action~

Memorize this verse. Write it on several cards and place them around your home so you can work on it.  It’s an interesting verse that can be shared with people who are seeking the truth and it’s a wonderful one to know.  You can use it as a visual sometimes in the right setting, such as a park where there is a gate.  You can quote a verse without sounding preachy to an unbeliever when you truly know it.


Pray~

Lord, thank you for pointing me in the right direction so that when I heard the Truth, I slipped through the narrow gate. I am so excited to be spending eternity with you.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky 

No comments:

Post a Comment