Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 1, 2012



Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:10

Thoughts ~

As a believer who played it “safe” many years ago, I did not show total dedication to the Lord or share my faith with boldness. Of course, I rationalized; I didn’t want to offend anyone.  I didn’t want to make anyone uncomfortable. And I didn’t want to lose friends.

And then one day God knocked on my heart and said “STOP playing Christian and go out and share my love with people.” I was terrified I would become the sort of person people run from. Trembling, I asked Him how to not offend people.  The Holy Spirit impressed on me two things.

1.   Share with a gentle spirit but be bold in an un-obnoxious way.
2.   Wouldn’t I rather offend on earth than have someone wonder why I never shared Jesus with them when they are sitting in hell?

OUCH!!!! God never seems to tire of surprising me with the truth in dramatic ways. And in a flash, I realized He was oh-so right and I needed to stop worrying about offending people. I began asking Him for opportunities to use me and the gifts He had given me. And doors opened to my delight and I watched my life change before my eyes. My faith grew, my friends listened and did not get offended (much) and a few came to know the Lord too.

There are handfuls that do persecute me, making fun of my faith like they do Tim Tebow. I no longer care. I live for the Lord and not a single other person. I am true to my beliefs and hope someday to hear God say “well done Becky.” Mostly though, I love having Him on my side and enjoy the ministry He has given me. He is my all.

Action ~

Are you trembling after just reading a few short paragraphs about sharing your faith? It doesn’t need to be that way.  Let me share my secret with you. You know how when you are in love, mad passionate love? Or when you found a fabulous new café with low prices? Perhaps you just read a book that you want everyone you know to read too. During these moments of excitement, you openly share with everyone your news of wonderful love, a super café or a great book. Treat your faith just like that. Share with a relaxed excitement and in an ordinary way that people will understand. You do not need to go armed with tons of verses. Just your joy in Jesus. God will do the rest.  It’s all up to Him anyway.

Pray ~

Oh Father, thank You for loving me and understanding my fear about sharing the Truth about Jesus.  It’s a ploy of your enemy to tell me I can’t do it.  In your name, I ban satan from my conversations as I share my faith in You. Give me boldness.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment