Monday, July 23, 2012

July 24, 2012 ~ Decision Time



Hear my prayer, O LORD, Give ear to my supplications! Answer me in Your faithfulness,
in Your righteousness!
Psalm 143:1

Thoughts~

The decision to do the right thing is not always easy for anyone when we are concerned only about other people’s opinions.  But when we are only interested in what the Lord thinks, then we are able to make a wise decision that’s much easier. When we take into account what the Bible says, it’s even easier.  But What about when the decision to be made is not something God’s word makes any reference to?

This recently happened to me and for the privacy of others, I won’t go into details. However, I will share that once my heart began feeling discontentment, I began praying about a situation. I asked God to give me peace about the decision I needed to make and while I was leaning one way, I did not want to base anything on emotions, but what would be best for my relationship with Him and others that He has brought into my life.

Because I read His word daily and am making Faith Art for Trust in the Lord, I am in the Bible often. I believe that God uses the minds that He gave us to do the right thing, even when it’s not spelled out for us. For example, we know God does not want us to lie, cheat, steal, commit adultery, hurt others, etc.

I leaned towards a decision based on what I felt was best and what would accomplish the most.  And what would not hurt anyone else. And then I began praying for God to either close the door or open it wide.  In my case, He opened it wide by confirming the way I was leaning through the actions of another person.

God does care about every single detail of our lives. And I am so content when I seek His counsel. He answered me in the perfect time.


Action~

Do you have a decision that you are dealing with that is not spelled out in scripture? One thing you can do is, of course, pray about it. A second is to find a very mature believer who wants the best for you. Share your ideas and ask them for input and prayer. God always wants the best for us, even when everything may appear a little foggy to us.  In time, the right decision will be made and you will see clearly why it was. If we make the wrong decision, God always allows U-turns!

Pray~

Thank You Father for bringing me peace in the decisions I need to make.  Your plan for me is so much bigger than the tip of the iceberg that I see. Guide me clearly, Lord. Show me the way. 


Trusting in Him,
Becky


2 comments:

  1. Thank you my faithful friend and messenger. I just made a decision based on what I knew in my heart was the right thing to do. Even though I do believe God has already spoke to me, that one day my dream will come to pass (in this situation). But, HIS WAY...THE RIGHT WAY.. and IN HIS TIME!!! It was a hard door, VERY HARD DOOR to close. However, I know in my heart it was the best decision to make. What comes of it later ONLY GOD KNOWS. I just know my obedience is what matters... as well as my heart and character. That is what means the most to the Lord. Thank you sweetie.

    I hope you had a wonderful vacation!!! :-)

    Hugs,
    Your Sister in Christ...
    Shannon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Thank you for your message, Shannon! I am always thrilled to know God uses my words and experiences to help someone else. He will bless you for your obedience!

    Becky
    <><

    ReplyDelete