Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 8, 2012 ~ Angels watching over us



For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways.
Psalm 91:11


Thoughts~

Today started out like any normal summer day in Phoenix. We have been under a heat advisory; 112 degrees is no laughing matter. My plan was to take the garbage out, run to the grocery store and settle in for some reading, writing and later, some movie time. But sometimes the Lord allows uncomfortable things to happen to protect us from worse things that we will never know about.

As I walked by a tall ladder style book shelf, I noticed it seemed to have slipped away from the wall so I tried to straighten it without thinking about what I was doing. Before I knew it, a large white antique vase fell off the top and crashed . . . onto my head. I was stunned by the impact and shocked that it lay broken at my feet. I reached up to rub my head and my hand came away, covered with blood. Uh oh.

I ran to the bathroom and saw more of it and while I am not squeamish, I wasn’t exactly thrilled to see this. I called my nurse-daughter to see if I could take care of this at home or if it was serious enough to go to the ER. She walked me through checking my head out and happily, the one inch cut was not deep.  I wasn’t dizzy nor was my vision blurry. Just sore.

My thoughtless action brought consequences and yet I still feel I was very protected by the Lord. This could have been so much worse; I could have been knocked out, my eyes could have been hit, the cut could have been much worse, on my face and not in my hair. My accident kept me indoors all day, the third time in the past three weeks.  Two weeks ago I had an allergic reaction to smoke which brought about a few days of misery and inside time.  Then a few days later I ate some bad food; again, couch time for me. And today, as I recovered with Tylenol, ice and pressure, my couch became my companion once more.

I never know His plans for me, for my day, but I am so grateful His love surrounds me and the angels He has set around me took care of my carelessness. I may have been protected from something outside of the home or simply, that I was protected from a far worse injury, brings joy to my heart. I am in awe of how the Lord watches over the details of my life that I never even pray about. A sore head is a special reminder as I head off to bed tonight: His angels watch over me and guard me always.

Action~

The next time your plans change, maybe it’s time to think it might be the Lord sending His angles to redirect you for special protection. Go with it and enjoy knowing how loved you really are. Trust the Lord with all of your heart.

Pray~

Thank you, Lord, for your always abounding love and for the angels You use in my life to protect me.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment