Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 17, 2012 ~ The Joy of Discovery



You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Psalm 16:11

Thoughts ~

Randy Alcorn posted this on Facebook Sunday afternoon and it triggered my own love and joy of discovery.

“On the New Earth, we’ll continually be discovering, to our delight, what we never knew existed, what we’ve been missing all our lives. No joy is greater than the joy of discovery. The God who always surpasses our expectations will forever give us more of himself and his creation to discover.”

Back when my life was flowing with finances, I was given many travel opportunities and I was amazed at all of the discoveries I made. Mostly I loved cobblestone streets and old buildings, anything to do with water, waterfalls, and ocean sunsets. Oh how I miss seeing new sights and basking in God’s magnificent creations. I tell Him this often, knowing He understands my homesick feelings for travel and water, which is found mostly in swimming pools here in Phoenix.

Sometimes people post amazing photos of landscapes on Facebook that trigger the same feelings of “I long to travel” and I pray the Lord brings contentment to my heart so I don’t become consumed with what I can’t do in this season of my life. I jokingly tell friends I have wander lust, but in truth, it’s not a joke. I do have it.


After reading Randy’s post my heart did a little leap of joy, knowing that in the New Earth we will be forever experiencing not only the joy of being face to face with the Lord but seeing sights that will bring us to our knees in praise. I can wait, after all, to travel again . . .  if that’s the Lord’s plan for me. I know eternity will bring things we cannot possibly imagine.

He has so much to show us.

Action ~

This might be a great memory verse or one to reflect on when you are feeling discouraged about life. Jesus is preparing a place for us!

You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Psalm 16:11

Prayer ~

Father, thank you for preparing a New Earth for us and for all of your amazing creativity that is going into it.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky



2 comments:

  1. A good reminder, Becky, that no matter what our circumstances are here on the present earth, we have much more to look forward to on the
    New Earth! God is good!

    ReplyDelete