Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 20, 2012 ~ So Great is His Love



For as high as the heavens
Are above the earth,
So great is His love
For those who fear Him.
Psalm 103:11

Thoughts ~

Sometimes, when I am in the presence of God under His universe, I cry a little . . . or a lot. The universe is so amazing and gigantic and God created it before man came to be. The stars are so far above, so magnificent, so brilliant, so lasting.  Just like His love.

I am simply stunned when I think about God’s love for me, for us. His love really does reach far and wide, deep and high. I just don’t have the ability to grasp His amazing love, the kind of love that is unconditionally perfect.  The closest thing for me would be the love I feel for my children and grandsons. Or the deep love I have had for several extremely loved pets. His love is so unbelievably enormous that we will not fully grasp it until we enter the gates of Heaven. And then we will know. Then we will understand.

Action ~

Tonight when it is very dark, take a walk or sit outdoors without your cell phone turned on. Sit and listen to the night sounds. Once your eyes have adjusted to the dark, really look at the sky as though you have never seen it before. If you’re in the city, the lights may filter out the gigantic universe that is spread out before you. But even so, the stars and moon are still there. Exactly like God’s love is always there for you.

If you are unable to see the stars or simply want to be awestruck, click here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1f8Uovm8vM


There is a song I’d love for you to hear. It’s very old, from my high school days when we were at youth camp. We sang it softly and with incredible love in our hearts as we sat on logs together and spoke of our love for Jesus and His miraculous love for us. As we talked about God and sat under His nighttime sky, several teens would give their hearts to Jesus.

This is the old, old song that we sang:

These are the words:

He’s Everything To Me.( by Ralph Carmichael)

In the stars His handiwork I see,
On the wind He speaks with majesty
Though He ruleth over land and sea
What is that to me?

I will celebrate nativity,
For it has a place in history,
Sure, He came to set His people free
What is that to me?

Till by faith I met Him face to face,
And I felt the wonder of His grace,
Then I knew that He was more than just
a God who didn't care,
who lived a way out there, And
now He walks beside me day by day,
Ever watching o'er me lest I stray,
Helping me to find that narrow way,
He's everything to me.

Pray ~

Oh, Lord, my God, Thank You for the deep love You have for me. Help me to allow it to sink into every pore in my body so I know that no matter what happens in life, Your true love is steadfast and faithful.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky

I reposted this Daily T.A.P. from March of this year but will be back tomorrow with more on the heart

No comments:

Post a Comment