Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012 ~ Thanks in ALL circumstances



Give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Thoughts ~

It was one of those days where I did not want to give thanks for my circumstances.  I was ready for some serious change in my life and wanted God to tell me in a loud booming voice what I was supposed to do. All I heard was silence.

I felt stress trying to creep into my life, and knowing that stress takes my eyes off the Lord, I prayed for His help.

“Lord,I want to be in the very center of Your will…not to the left or to the right, not in a corner peeking out, not circling around Your plan for me and certainly not looking at the past but waiting in anticipation for the surprises You have in store for me.”

Immediately (!!!) I sensed the Holy Spirit whisper encouragement into my restless soul as He pointed out that if God wanted me anywhere else, I would be there. Ahhhhhhhhhhh . . . relief and a sweet security filled my heart. THANK YOU Lord…THANK YOU in these circumstances of being in a holding pattern.  I don’t understand it but I will give thanks as I wait for Your next move

Action ~

Make a list today and include everything you are thankful for.  Carry your paper around with you and keep adding to it. Don’t forget to add the present circumstances you find yourself in. God uses all of our ups and downs to refine us and teach us we can truly Trust Him with our lives. Date the list and place it somewhere so you can look at it in a month or two and see how God used your present circumstances to bring you closer to Him.

Pray ~

Thank You Lord, for taking care of my heart when I begin to stress out. You really know me so well, and I am so grateful for Your perfect will in my life. Amen.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment