Monday, October 15, 2012

Do not conform



Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, 
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

Thoughts~

Many years ago I worked at a place where I was easily influenced by the actions of others. I’d been through some tough times and didn’t run to the Lord for comfort, but ran away from His will. While I never stopped believing in Him, I wasn’t leading a life style that pleased Him at all. In all honesty, I wanted to fit in with all my co workers more than I wanted to please God. My walk with Him was like a teeter totter, weak, strong, weak, strong.

When I was with believers, I felt fulfilled and charged with energy, excited to talk about the Lord. But most of the time I was with people of the world.  Likable people, for sure, but people who did not set God as their standard and lived wilder lives than I ever had before.

I sadly conformed to their standards and God allowed me to flounder around for some time before He grabbed a hold of me by the arm pits and straightened me out. In a short four hour period, using the first “Left Behind” book by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye, God did a deep cleanse of my soul. I threw away the filth and never looked back.

He began transforming my mind, day by day so that He could use me to encourage other women and men and share my faith with more conviction. I was totally embarrassed that I allowed myself to waiver from the way He asked me to live, but thankfully His forgiveness and love are unconditional. The more I read His word, the more I studied, the more I knew what His will was and how He wanted me to live my life. I have been transformed by the King of Kings.

Action~

Someone told me that with all the lists I encourage my readers to make, I should suggest a notebook. Well, it’s time for another list so pull out a notebook, index card or piece of paper. This is going to be tougher on you so make sure you have a little time.

If Jesus appeared before you right this minute, what would He ask you to give up? I am not even listing all the sins and bad choices we all make, but, if you’re like the rest of us, I’m sure you immediately thought “uh oh, I know what He would ask me to give up!!!” Start listing those things and ask Him to give you the strength to give every single thing up that does not bring glory to Him. (I pray right now for your strength.)

Does your life style reflect a God who loves you and gave you the gift of eternity when you came to know His son as your savior? Can He use you to share your faith or do other things that you are doing take away from that possibility? Look at your Facebook page.  Is it filled with some “God talk” but a lot of junk and coarse jokes? Are you on a teeter totter?

Pray~

Your Amazing love and guidance makes me happy to be your child; I want to walk in Your will and live exactly how You want me to. Lord, please open my eyes wide to see the ways I am conforming to the world and not to your word. Change me from the inside out.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

https://www.facebook.com/TrustHimAlways

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Becky, Thanks again for another great blog encoring other believer's and follower's of Jesus. I just wanted to ask for prayer from you and to pass along the prayer request to ask the Lord for some personal areas in my life. The Lord knows the details. Thanks so much! (Repost)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi, I just prayed for you!
    If you ever need to talk privately, message me here at Trusters4Him@gmail.com
    <><
    Becky

    ReplyDelete