Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 25, 2012 ~ We all need a firm place to stand




I waited patiently for the LORD; 

   He turned to me and heard my cry. 
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 
   out of the mud and mire; 
He set my feet on a rock 
   and gave me a firm place to stand.

Psalm 40:1-3

Thoughts ~

When I was a little girl, I saw a photo of quicksand in a school book, and to this day, it is the first thing I think of when I read verse two. Quicksand became a fear of mine when I was small . . . which is ironic since I live in the desert. But children don’t understand these things.

The way we get stuck in life happens to all of us over the course of our lifetime and it is, for believers, one of God’s great blessings to lift us out of the situation. And when He places us on firm ground, there is reason to celebrate and praise His name.

Psalm 40 is my favorite of all the Psalms because it speaks of my relationship with the Lord. I love this Psalm so much I have memorized parts of it to remind myself that no matter how stuck I get, God will be there to place my feet on the rock. He always does.

Even when the enemy of God wants you to believe that there is no way out of a situation, let me assure you there always is when you have the King of your heart on your side, just waiting for the perfect moment to lift you to a higher ground. 

Action ~


Have you ever felt like you were slipping and sinking like you were sloshing around in mud?
Please take a few minutes to read Psalm 40 and then re-read it, allowing it to sink in to your soul.

I printed it out, using Biblegateway, and have it in several special places to remind me of the Grace of God. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalms%2040&version=NIV


Pray ~

God, You are my help and my deliverer and I praise You for all You have done in my life to bring me closer to You. Thank You for lifting me out of the quicksand moments and placing me on firm ground.

Trusting the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment