Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 3, 2012 ~ Building one another up



Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

Thoughts~

How many times have you said, "I really needed to hear that”? I've found it a blessing when people share what goes on in their lives because chances are, I will go through that too in one way or another. I love authenticity from others and hearing how the Lord has changed their life. They build me up!

As I write my blog, I am aware that sometimes it may seem like my life is one trial after another.  And you know, in many ways it is. But that does not take my joy away . . . not in any way. I am happy and secure in my faith. However, when I share here or on the Facebook page Trust in the Lord, when I read peoples posts “I needed that today” it warms my heart. It shows me that by being honest and transparent, I help others know they are not alone. Who wants to read a blog written by a woman whose life appears to be perfect with all her shoes lined up in a color coded layout? Who maybe wears a fake smile and never shares her struggles?  Not me. I need genuine sharing when I read other devotionals and blogs. I want to read the truth about life and the situations the Lord God Almighty allows us to travel through in order to bring us closer to Him as we lean heavily on Him.

Have you ever had a dog that seems to need to lean on your leg when you are nearby? My last very-much- loved dog, Pepper, was like that.  She would not leave my side if I was home. She would lie under my chair at meals or when I was reading in the den. If I was in the garden watering, she was right there with me. Even when showering, she waited right outside the shower curtain. She leaned on me for companionship, daily care and love.

And that, dear readers, is how I live my life: leaning on God, following Him, depending on Him and being loyal to my faith in the God of my life.

So I will continue on, sharing the ups and downs of my life. I am an ordinary woman with an Extraordinary God!

Action ~

Be authentic. Share your struggles and your joys as you walk your life with the Lord.  Share what He has done for you. And don't forget to build one another up.

Pray ~

Lord, thank You for the stories of other believers that bless my life.  Thank You for their authenticity.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment