Monday, October 8, 2012

October 9, 2012 ~ Temptations: A Way Out



But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.
1 Corinthians 10:13

Thoughts~

London England has a huge underground network of trains or “tubes” as they often call them. The trains travel underground all over the city and the WAY OUT signs help foreigners to navigate out to the street level.

The first time I saw this sign was on Google Images and it immediately brought to my mind 1 Corinthians 10:13, especially the last sentence: “When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.” God has created signs in our heart that urge us to stay clear of the temptations that life tosses at us and on top of that, He will show us how to get out of predicaments we find ourselves in. And gee, do we ever find ourselves in them! Just because we are Christians doesn’t mean we will be sheltered from temptations.

I am so thankful for this promise and hold it close to my heart. As I study His word and apply it to my life, the temptations that enter my life seem to have blinking lights around them like a neon sign in Las Vegas. And God shows me the way out!

Action~

What temptations have you faced today? Did God show you a way out or were you listening? The key word here is listen. God will never fail to show you a way out but if you have ear plugs in, you won’t hear Him.

Take some time to list temptations that come your way. Next to each one, write down how God has given you a way out. Sometimes it’s that very still whisper of the Holy Spirit, urging you to flee. Be sure you listen. Be sure to take the ear plugs out.

Pray~

God thank you for showing me a way out.  I am in awe that You have made life easier for me as long as I listen to You: through your word, through Your Holy Spirit and through strong believers. Thank You for the people who speak truth into my life.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky


Like my Facebook page here:

No comments:

Post a Comment