Monday, November 5, 2012

November 6, 2012 ~ Knowing God's Ways




Now therefore, I pray You,
if I have found favor in Your sight,
let me know Your ways that I may know You, 
so that I may find favor in Your sight.
Exodus 33:13

Thoughts ~ Doing God’s will is my goal every single day and there are times I feel better at the end of the day than others. I want to know His ways more than anything else in my life and find favor in His sight continually. My relationship with the Lord is my number one priority. That may sound over the top to many but it doesn’t to me.

This was not always the case.  I traveled through the Lukewarm Valley for several years where I knew God was there, but, an intimate relationship with Him was absent because I was not seeking Him. I was seeking my own way and making my own decisions without even thinking about Him. It makes me cringe when I reflect back on those cold days of self serving. I am forgiven but I often feel like repenting all over again. I did not care if I knew God.

In the Amplified Bible the words “that I may know You” mean :
“progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly.”  Knowing God is on a level we can’t fully grasp as we can with a spouse or child but we can aim for it. Doing His will is where our soul feels satisfied beyond anything we have ever experienced. It is worth knowing Him intimately and once you do, there is no turning back.

Action ~
There are four actions we can aim for everyday in order to know that we are doing God’s will.

*Love like He does
*Commit each day to Him; let Him know He can do whatever He wants to with you.
*Share the Good News about Jesus when the opportunity presents itself.
*Trust Him to make the moves that need to be made: work, family, friends . . . so that you will be right where He can use you best.

Prayer ~ Lord, sometimes I know I let You down and I really hate that.  I want more than anything to find favor in Your sight, to please You fully. I am Yours to do whatever You need to do.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment