Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013 ~ In my troubles




In my trouble I cried to the LORD,
And He answered me.
Psalm 120:1

(This is a re-post from last August.  I needed it today . . .you too?)

Thoughts~ One day an internet friend who knows the Lord made the oddest comment to me: she said “Becky has a sense of humor!” I really do but it doesn’t come through when I blog about the Lord because this is my serious time. However, I love to laugh, tease and enjoy life to the fullest. Recently during my prayer time, I laughed out loud. Because God said no. He answered my prayer request with a resounding no!

When I thought He was ignoring my prayer request, I thought maybe I needed to pray differently. Sometimes we all feel like we didn’t “pray it right” or that God needs to be reminded, just in case He got a little busy with the world crisis situations. Or what about when we pray the same thing over and over again? The Lord has a sense of humor too . . . to put up with me, with all of us. I’m so glad His love is unconditional.

So, back to my prayer time. The Holy Spirit showed me He already answered my latest pray request about finding a full time job. He said no. I sensed a little smile from Him. Once I let my mind examine His “no”, I see, as always He is right. And I laughed because I didn’t even realize the prayer had been answered a couple of weeks back.

How could I have ever worked full time and taken 6 college courses, continued developing my ministry and had any kind of family and social life? Whatever was I thinking? (I wasn’t, it appears). My prayer warrior friend Vicki was a little bit worried I was about to overdo it and she was praying along with me for my work situation, asking God for His will. I know He answered both of our prayers: for His will job-wise and for me not to overdo it. He said no because He loves me and can see what stress I would have been under. All things worked out just the way He planned.

Saying no is a good thing. Thanks Lord! Now about that part time mural work~


Action~ Does God say no to you often? Thank Him for it! Think about the no’s that you have to say to spouses, children, family, friends, and co-workers. Those no’s are, hopefully, for the betterment of the person or situation. Likewise, God’s no’s are for our betterment. Thank Him a lot!

Pray~ Father I thank you so much for saying no to me and saving me from stress and tiredness.  I pray for all those who are reading this that they accept your no’s and thank You for having their backs like you did mine. I love you so much. 

Trusting in Him, 
Becky



(UPDATE 4-13-2013)

God's sense of humor continues to tickle me. :) I had a fitful nights sleep last night, feeling anxiety over my lack of summer jobs now that the latest school semester is over.  I would start fretting, then pray to the Lord and even verses in my my mind, then almost fall asleep before something would jolt me awake and I would start that process over again. And so, I said Proverbs 3:5-6 out loud and told the Lord "I acknowledge you in this situation!" Sweet sleep came then. I slept until after 9:00 am! And when I went to look at my T.A.P. blog to send something to my followers, I immediately found this.  God used my own words to encourage me . . . He used His words I wrote about months ago!

I will be cleaning my home after months of neglect and begin writing my blog  again. God has much in store for me even though I cannot see it! -Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment