Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Divorce and Healing


Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
the Holy One of Israel,
“I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you in the way you should go.”
Isaiah 48:17

Thoughts~ Divorce is such a set back to our growth as believers; if we look constantly at the why, how and if of our past, we get stuck in the mud and wallow around like pigs who just can’t help themselves. Believe me when I say I was one messy pig for a while. But when we look at the Lord for His strength and purpose for us in our new life, our healing will begin. If we follow Him in the way we should go, in time, our spiritual growth will soar. Don’t expect an overnight fix: healing must take place, but if you do nothing else than follow Jesus, you will experience healing. I promise you that. Look at Him and no one else.

Like the Samaritan woman at the well, I used to be married. I DON’T live with a man though like she did though.  I have given my whole heart to the Lord and if He wants me to be married again, it is really up to Him. About 95% of the time I am wonderfully content being alone. But during those 5%’s, I do toss around the idea of finding love again. Honestly, they are usually a result of either watching a romantic movie or reading a story on the internet about two people falling in love. I am prone to love romance so I suppose it is better that I watch action movies like Jurassic Park or Independence Day.



This is a beautiful season in my life like no other season I have experienced. I am totally in a place where God can move me and redirect me.  He is free to use me in so many ways and I have simply made myself available by telling Him, like Ruth told Naomi, I will go where you go:

But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. 

(Ruth 1:5).


Action~ Are you going through divorce? Are you recovering from it? I know it hurts. Trust me, I know. Tell the Lord you will go wherever He leads you. You may be surprised by the impact of this statement on your heart. Cling to Proverbs 3:5-6, too. It is the verse that constantly gave me hope.



Prayer~ Lord, thank you for leading me where I should go these past 8 years.  I will continue following your special path for my life. Today, I pray for the people whose souls are hurting; who are also traveling through divorce or broken relationships. Heal their hearts and show them a new song for their life. Direct them and show them how trustworthy You are. Amen.

Trusting in the Lord Always,

Becky

1 comment:

  1. This is very insightful. Divorce will always be difficult for anyone and we’ll always ask ourselves where we went wrong. However, I’m sure with enough strength and not blaming ourselves, we’ll realize one day that maybe, being divorced is for the greater good after all. Stay strong! :D

    Christine Bradley @ WestGreen Family Law

    ReplyDelete