Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 16, 2012



Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?
Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Matthew 6:26-27


Thoughts~

When I was in the second grade I rescued a baby bird from the jaws of a very hungry cat. Her soft chirping seemed so sad and I felt I had to find the source of the peeps . . . was I ever surprised to see the little bird in the neighborhood cats mouth! I think I frightened the cat so much by my scream, that he let the little bird go and soon I had a new pet. Peeper lived in a cage while I was at school or away from home; but, she had the run of my bedroom when I was there, flying from my shoulder to the curtain rod and back again. Peeper knew by the sound of the diesel breaks on the school bus that I was home and would begin chirping loudly until I came in to let her out. Learning how to love an animal and caring for one was a priority for me and I fell madly in love with the little love of my life. She lived with me for two long sweet years before getting sick. I was heartbroken and even today my eyes well up with tears when I think of the joy she brought me.

As much as I cared for Pepper, multiply that by a billion times infinity and you’ll get how much God cares about us. Peeper never worried about having food, she knew I would provide it . . . and that is our lesson: God will likewise provide for us so there is no need to anxiously worry because that really shows a lack of trust in God’s provision for His children who He loves dearly. 

Action~

I have several resin birds scattered around my home that remind me of God’s care. The one next to my bed, reminds me of the Lord’s love for me as I go to sleep every night. Maybe you can find a little reminder too, or, simply notice the birds that land in front of you . . . they are precious reminders of God’s care for us. Give God your worries, frets, concerns and troubles. He can handle them and loves you so much He will never forsake you.

 Pray~
 Lord, thank You for your amazing love for us and the way You care so much for us. Strengthen us as we wait on You to provide for our needs.

Trusting the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment