Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 17, 2012



"For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child. As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father? If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all." Hebrews 12:6-8

Thoughts~

I LOVE THIS VERSE! The Bible often shows us that God loves us like a father loves his child. Knowing that He is going to discipline me when I do something wrong brings a comfort in the sense that I know I am His very own child.  It’s not that He has this horrid wrath and every time I do something wrong He is going to send down hail and brimstone, but He will correct me when I need to know the truth or the right way to behave, walk, talk etc.  He wants me to grow spiritually and if I keep doing something stupid, He is going to step in and lovingly correct me.

I have three children who I love so much: 2 that I adopted as babies and one birth child. I do not think of them that way, simply that they are all mine. Over their childhood years, there were times I had to correct them. Most of the time they would cry after the correction and want to be held; I loved this part because we re-bonded. In the same way, when God corrects me, I accept it but also run to Him, telling Him how sorry I am and thanking Him for forgiving me. And my relationship with Him is renewed and made stronger.

Action~

I have a little plaque that says “For the Lord disciplines those He loves” in a heart, similar to the image today. It is a reminder to me that because I am God’s child, we have a family contract.  This contract assures me I am His and he will discipline me when I need it.

Print this out if you’d like and use it as a reminder.  Never forget He loves you so much and has your best interest in mind.

Pray~

Lord, thank you for always disciplining me when I need it and loving me enough to make sure my feet follow the right path.

Trusting the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment