Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 21, 2012



The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

Thoughts ~

When I see the word ‘still’, it takes me to a quiet place immediately. Sitting with the Lord alone, basking in His love and listening in my heart for His wisdom, I love still times with Him. There are not enough. In the busy days of life, I often long for a retreat where there is nothing on my mind but Him.

We all get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily living that we forget to carve out a special quiet time just for the Lord.  Maybe its 15 minutes, maybe longer, but no matter what the time looks like, it’s the quality that matters. Turning off our phones, TV’s and eliminating distractions is so hard to do but it can be done. And it’s so worth the time that becomes a sweet habit that you long for everyday.

Action ~

Give yourself the gift of one week with the Lord via a quiet time of prayer and meditating on His word. Not a study time where your desk is piled high with concordances or Bible dictionaries, but just you, your Bible and the Lord of your heart. Try this for one week for 15 minutes a day. After the week, you will long for those times where His word jumps off the page and into your soul and you sense the Holy Spirit prompting you into a particular action.

Pray ~
Oh God, forgive me for the wasted times where I have neglected my quiet still time with You. Create a place in my heart that craves this time alone with You more than anything else in my life.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment