Sunday, May 6, 2012

April 22, 2012



But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. Thessalonians 3:3

Thoughts ~

I really don’t like to give the enemy of God much devotional writing time. However, today I felt led to. Not even wanting to capitalize his name, I feel he is not worthy of distinction. He is not just evil but the worst kind of evil known to mankind. His greatest thrill (when it comes to believers) is to get our eyes off the Lord and onto ANYTHING else. Hating it when we pray, he will use all his tricks to keep prayer time from happening.

Fortunately, God has more power than our enemy and will battle for us when we come under attack. The closer you get to God, the more the attacks may seem to come.  But don’t let that get you down: God will give you the strength you need and keep you loving protected.

Even when we lie on our beds with tears covering our pillows, God is there. No matter what the situation that has troubled our hearts; God is there and will not allow His enemy to win us over with doubt.  Cry out to Him! Trust in Him; rely on the God of your life.

Action ~

When the enemy will not leave me alone, I picture gnats. While I know nothing can happen to me that the Lord doesn’t allow, those continuous attacks seem like an angry swarm of gnats sometimes.  Bothersome. Distracting. Annoying.  I get so tired of swatting at them.  Then I picture, in my mind, a giant gnat-swatter held by the hand of the Lord. Victory!

Pray ~

Lord, You are so faithful and protective of me.  Thank You for all You do in fighting Your enemy on my behalf. Thank you for giving me the strength to endure.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment