Sunday, May 6, 2012

March 23, 2012



The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
Psalm 19:8


Thoughts ~

Since precepts mean principles, teachings, guidelines, instructions, rules, laws or commands, I correctly assume that whatever God says is right. All of the time. Not just when I want it to. I cannot use God’s word as a defense against someone or to prove myself right and take His word out of context. His precepts are meant to bring wisdom and joy to my heart. His commands open my eyes to the truth.

So why is it sometimes I stumble, even after knowing God guides me to do right? Why do I think I can handle a problem on my own? Why don’t I seek His answers first, quickly running to my Bible for answers? After all, that is where my eyes truly see the light and the truth. There is a worship song from a decade ago that says “Open the eyes of my heart Lord”. I think maybe I need to sing a little bit of that song every time I come to a place where I don’t know what to do.

Action ~

Listen to this song today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnqb7Vn4AEE&feature=fvsr

And then ask God to show you were you might be closing your eyes to the truth of His word.

Pray ~


Lord, keep reminding us that your word is right all of the time. Thank you for forgiving us when we forget to rely on You. You bring so much joy to our hearts!

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky 

No comments:

Post a Comment