Sunday, May 6, 2012

March 26, 2012



My heart has heard You say,
“Come and talk with me.”
And my heart responds,
“Lord, I am coming.”
Psalm 27:8

Thoughts~

I remember as a young girl Dad would call to me, “Becky, come talk to me right now” and I would go to him, wondering if I was in trouble. I slowly dragged my feet to get to him most of the time. Once he wanted to talk because I ate all the maraschinos cherries out of the jar. Another time it was when I bought cherry red lipstick and told my Mom it was for us to share.  I was seven and she wore pink. But the best time I remember was when he just wanted to talk. To catch up with me, see what was new and let me know he loved me. Now Dad is in heaven, waiting to talk to me when I join him someday.

Sometimes when I sense God wanting to talk to me, I think “In a second” and the second becomes hours and I forget.  I missed an unbelievable time to fellowship with the Lord of my life. Why would I ever do that, as much as I adore Him? Even if He needs to correct me, His love is so unconditional I know it will be for my good. I suppose I don’t go to Him because of all the “stuff” that I must do that gets in my way. I vow right now to stop asking God to wait. I vow right now to say “Lord, I am coming.”


Action~

Think about the times where you sensed God asked you to stop what you are doing and come talk to Him but you didn’t. Make a list of the times you are aware of in the past few days and then write the excuse you mentally had next to it. Convicting, isn’t it? Sure was for me.

Pray~

Lord, open my ears so I hear You when ask me to come and talk to You. I don’t want to ignore you ever again.

Trusting in the Lord,
Becky 

No comments:

Post a Comment