Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 5, 2012



Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Matthew 19:14

Thoughts ~

I have been blessed, so far, with two grandsons. Joey lives a couple of states away but Michael lives near me. When ten month old Michael comes to visit, his grin is so huge when he sees me through the glass door. After I open it, he nearly jumps into my arms in a wiggling joyful ball of energy, wanting a hug yet wanting “Gramma Boo” toys too.

Too often we grownups forget the joys of childhood and think we need to act calmly and without too much emotion. Michael’s presence in my life has been a constant reminder of how I should come to God: delighting in His presence and laughing in delight. We need to come to Jesus as little children: open arms, trusting and learning from Him.

Action ~

Think about the children in your life or the ones you see throughout the day.  Watch how they live their life with such abandonment. Allow them to teach you to come to Jesus. They are the ones who will be dancing with Him in heaven one day.  Let’s join them!

Pray ~

Father, may my faith always be child-like in the sense that I trust You completely. I know You want me to grow as a strong believer but never let me forget I am your child.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment