Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 4, 2012


And we know that God causes all things to work together 
for good to those who love God, 
to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28


Thoughts ~

It is a wonder that this verse is not displayed all over my home because it certainly is plastered on the walls of my heart. Every time a “lemon” type situation comes my way, I give it to God and He makes the most delightful lemonade out of it. Now I don’t always give it to Him immediately because sometimes I tend to spend some time fretting. However, as I have grown in my faith over the years, I know without a single doubt that He is going to work things out for my good. He has taught me well.

Today started out fine with my morning coffee and computer time. However, when I opened my Trust in the Lord email, I discovered it had been blocked from sending replies or messages and I slightly panicked. But if His purpose for me is to share encouragement with believers around the world, I knew He certainly wasn’t going to allow a silly email problem stop that.

I spent the entire morning and afternoon setting up a Gmail account and searching for the best possible solution. I soon realized I would continue to have the problem with “mass” mailing no matter what server I used and I would need to pay to have the Daily T.A.P. sent out by companies that would take care of my emailing. Not wanting to spend a lot of money, I decided a blog would be better and it’s free. More people would be reached so more would be encouraged.

As I began setting up the new blog page, I realized I could link it to the Facebook Trust in the Lord and I laughed out loud.  Literally! The enemy was trying very hard to stop me from sending out the Daily T.A.P. and also was hoping I would get so frustrated I would give up. I laughed in his face. My God has a purpose and He indeed caused all things to work together for my good because I love Him so much and it is His purpose to see people encouraged and refreshed. God took a lemon situation and made the new version of the Daily T.A.P. better than ever. Sweet lemonade!

Action ~

Buy some fake lemons and set them in a bowl in your kitchen as a reminder of this beautiful promise! I did and they are a great opportunity to share this wonderful verse with your friends.

Also, make a lemon list and ask God to make lemonade out of the sticky situations you are traveling through. Sometimes His purpose isn’t revealed as quickly as mine was today.  But I guarantee, if you love Him, He will cause things to work out for your good.

Pray ~
Lord, I love You so much that you do cause everything to work together for our good when we love You. Remind us before we panic. Before we start fretting. Your love is so real.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment