Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24, 2012 ~ An Anxious Heart



An anxious heart weighs a man down,
but a kind word cheers him up.
Proverbs 12:25


Thoughts~

After my van was totaled I bought a new-to-me three year old Nissan van that was a great fit for my family. It came with a dash cover, which in Arizona is great since our summers reach 120 sometimes in the parked car. However, the cover had the letters KAW embroidered on the right hand side, about the place the glove box is. They most likely were the former owner’s initials but we quickly used them as an anagram for Kindness Always Works. They reminded us all, at particular times, to remember that kindness serves us so much better than sharp and snarky tongues.

Way too often people of the world drag their hearts around on the ground, ridden with anxiety and heartaches that only our loving God can take care of.  However, He often uses believers, His ambassadors, to bring a little kindness into someone’s anxiety packed life. I want to be one of those people He uses . . . a person who practices KAW so I can be a people helper, not a people destroyer.
Kindness always works and when you have been a recipient of it, you know the relief you feel. Your heart can soar a million miles over the earth with a few kind words. On the other hand, when you have been the receiver of unkind words or actions, they can hurt deeply. I like gravitating towards people with big hearts, full of kindness that sort of oozes right out of them. Those are the people I want to hang out with, don’t you? I think being kind is contagious so we can all practice KAW and see how fast it spreads.



Action~

When God reminds us to keep His word in our hearts, it is not simply for memorizing, but for action or application. And often His word will serve as a reminder to practice kindness, random kindness and all other kinds in between. We are His ambassadors!

Think about how you can offer kindness this week. And then do it. Get in the habit of it. It will boost spirits and change hearts. And while you will be helping a fellow human that needs a heart-lift, you’ll find your heart will be lifted too.
For those who love to study deeper, do a word study on kindness, using Bible Gateway or your own concordance. I just started one myself, starting first with the New Testament. I love doing these studies because they set a pattern of repetition in my heart: show kindness today.  Repeat Tomorrow.

Pray~

Oh God, thank you for including kindness all throughout Your word. If it’s that important to You, I want it to be that important to me.


Trusting in Him,

Becky

Like my Facebook page here:

No comments:

Post a Comment