Friday, July 27, 2012

July 28, 2012 ~ When we feel hurt, part 2




“You have heard that it was said, 
‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”
Matthew 5:42-44

Thoughts~

Yesterday I wrote about how to deal with hurt.  Today I want to share something that I believe the Holy Spirit prompted me to do in regards to people who hurt me (or you).

The verse today is one I have read before but it suddenly hit me a while back that I should try substituting prayer for hurt. Every time the hurt tries to return, I could pray for the person. I started this practice after I had been betrayed and what it does is three fold.

*First, it keeps me from focusing on my hurt.

*Second, it softens my heart for forgiveness.

*Third, it keeps me in a state of love rather than anger.
  
Not everyone is strong enough spiritually to admit their faults and the way they have wronged you.  They create a cloud of smoke to bring attention away from what they did wrong and like to point out your faults that have nothing to do with what they did in the first place. But be ready, just in case, for them to come before you and open the door to authentic communication and real repentance.  God alone can mend all relationships and that is what He wants most.

Action~

Pray for the one who hurt you.  Instead of focusing on your hurt, keep praying and stop playing the final scenes over and over in your mind. Hurting people hurt others and they also cause destruction in relationships. Pray for them with love in your heart. Watch what happens: Soon the Holy Spirit gives you a deep love for that person because you have invested time praying for them. God will show you how to pray for them too.  You are the “bigger” person by letting the hurt go. You are able to walk with the Lord and say “Yes, Lord, I have forgiven him or her.”

Pray~

Father, as your forgive me, may I learn complete forgiveness Lord. Forgiveness that rocks my world. Help me to let go of all unforgiving attitudes and look to You for my strength.

Trusting in Him,
Becky


www.facebook.com/TrustHimAlways

No comments:

Post a Comment