Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 8, 2012 ~ Waiting for Him




"For since the world began,
no ear has heard, and no eye has seen a God like You,
who works for those who wait for him!"
Isaiah 64:4

Thoughts~

God has been teaching me how to wait for quite a while. 4 years to be exact. I have become so familiar with the word wait that I jokingly say it’s my middle name. But, after this waiting period of time, I have come to cherish the fact God is ‘preparing me for the opportunity He is preparing for me.’ I no longer ask Him to rush things along. I simply wait and know He is working things out. Being impatient does not make God hurry up. It just creates havoc in our soul.

When I studied this verse, besides the mention of waiting, I was overcome with gratitude that the God we worship is THE GOD of THE UNIVERSE! In all time, no one has ever seen or heard of a God like our God. Golden idols, buddhas and new age manifestations do not come close to comparing how our God works for us. No one will ever see or hear of a God like ours because there is none like Him. He works for us in advance while we wait on Him. His time is right. He’s the love of our lives.

Action~

My love for God creates the ultimate trust in Him. He has it all covered. We can trust the Lord with all our heart while we wait. I know this deep inside my soul. This acronym is particularly helpful when you’re waiting so copy it down as a reminder! 


W.A.I.T. = Where Adoration Is Trust.


Take some time to read Psalm 40. If you want to see how the results of our waiting on God will affect others, this is an amazing chapter. My favorite, actually, of the Psalms. You'll appreciate the way the psalmist described his waiting. Here it is on Bible Gateway in the NIV version:

 Pray~

Help us Lord while we wait. Give us strength to endure the waiting game. Help us to stay focused on You and not try to jump ahead of your perfect plan.

Trusting the Lord,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment