Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 9, 2012 ~ Choose Happiness





I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.

Thoughts ~

When I see people laughing or with happy smiles plastered on their faces it makes me happy too! Laughing is good medicine, we have heard, but smiling is too. Being happy sends endorphins to our brain that gives us a boost, and when we are feeling happy, it’s so contagious.

Likewise, when I am around a person that is for the most part always gloomy and has bad news, I kind of want to take the first exit quickly. And run as fast as I can before their gloominess spills into my day. I know God wants us to encourage one another, so I’m not talking about neglecting that.  We all have bad days and need a little help from friends.  I’m talking about the person that walks through life with a dark cloud over their heads. And for some reason, they are more comfortable that way.

I choose happiness. I choose to be happy whether I am rich or poor, in love or alone and busy or bored. I choose happiness because it creates a domino effect: happiness is contagious. Happiness is a gift from the Lord that can multiply if I use it. And I want to use it as much as I can. I want people to wonder why I am happy even when things make look not so great on the outside. I want them to ask me. And when that door is opened, I can share all about how Jesus changed my life.



God designed us to be happy, not to be sad all the days of our lives. Sure, there are days that bring sadness; we all have plenty of those times. But He designed us to be people who offer hope to others, showing that with Jesus in our lives, we can enjoy happiness no matter what the circumstance. No one would want to be introduced to our Savior if we walked around with frowns and grumpy attitudes . . . but see a happy person, you bet they want to know us and learn what keeps us happy. Proverbs 15:13 says “A happy heart makes the face cheerful” and we all know that a happy heart comes from trusting in the Lord with all of our heart.

Action~

Put your smile on today. Use it frequently. And watch it spread.


Pray~

Thank You Lord for creating us to have happy hearts. Help us to trust You no matter what so we can learn happiness is not based on material stuff but on our spiritual being.



Trusting in Him,

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment