Thursday, August 2, 2012

8-3-2012 ~ Watching and Waiting for God




Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.
Proverbs 8:34

Thoughts~

We are blessed (which is another word for happy) when we watch and wait. The two W’s have been a vital part of my growth as a believer. I have learned to listen to the Lord . . . really listen. My mistakes, sins, goofs, flubs, etc are so much less than when I was a new Christian. The more I watch, wait and listen to the Lord, the closer I grow to Him and my walk keeps getting stronger.

When I was very young, I would wait in expectation for my Dad to walk through the door after work. This is exactly how I want to wait on the Lord. If I’m simply waiting at the “door”, I’m still happy because I know I am in His will and that He will soon end the waiting. I am in the very best place I can be. The very, very best.

Action~

Make a list of the things where you are waiting on the Lord. Put a date next to them and slip the paper in your Bible.  Someday you will accidentally find it and be amazed at how He answered each one of those prayers. Sometimes he says YES, other times NO and still others, He says “let’s do this another way.” Wait, watch and listen. The Lord answers our prayers.

Pray~

Father, thank you for giving us happiness and joy when we wait on You to show us the way. Help us with our impatience when we wait and guide us into the happy state of waiting on You.

Trusting in the Lord~
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment