Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 30, 2012 ~ Actions, Words and Thoughts



“There is no one holy like the Lord,
Indeed, there is no one besides You,
Nor is there any rock like our God.
Boast no more so very proudly,
Do not let arrogance come out of your mouth;
For the Lord is a God of knowledge,
And with Him actions are weighed.
1 Samuel 2:2-4

Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14



Thoughts~

Actions. Words of my mouth. Meditation of my heart. All three are reflections of my love for the Lord.  At least they should be.

What we say, what we think and how we act are all elements of our natural three-part witness for the Lord. The three are all pieces of our testimony.

Someone can spout off Bible verses and yet think unloving thoughts and act like a jerk to others. Those are the people unbelievers are turned off by. To say in one breath how much you love God and in the next cuss as a bad driver or use a finger sign without words to the same driver are not consistent reflections of our faith.

What we say about the Lord is so important but how we act is equally important. A person who says they are a Christian but has uncaring and unloving actions makes me wonder about how much they love the Lord. Or someone that has Christian graphics and posts on their Facebook wall along with junky worldly images. I do not mean this in a judgmental way but a discerning manner. We are what we think, say and how we act.

You may have heard the words of St. Francis before but they are important to recall on a daily basis:
“Preach wherever you go. If necessary, use words.”

Another one I like is 
“Witnessing is not just something a Christian says, but what he or she is.”

The bottom line is remember that we are all showing who we love and serve by how we speak, how we act and even how we thing because out of our thoughts come our word and actions.

Action~

My little post-a-note on the dash of my car says “Did my actions betray my belief in the Lord.” OUCH does that sting when I fail in one of the ways I share my faith. Post-a-notes help me a lot. I need help at times . . . don’t we all?

Pray~

Lord, help us to use our words and actions to glorify You.  May what we think come out in what we say and do.

Trusting in Him,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment