Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 5, 2012 ~ Day 5: Giving our hearts (through His Word)


Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Psalm 119:105

Day 5

THOUGHTS ~ A relationship with God starts by opening His Word. It’s just that simple. To know God, all we need to do is turn one page at a time and allow His word to sink into our hearts. Sink, not pass through. Anyone can read the written word, but to take it in, absorb it, make it part of who you are and what your faith depends on is the key. Just open His book. Every single day.

For those Christians who embrace this daily habit (a great habit!) of reading God’s word, they know that nothing in this entire world can rob them of their faith and eternal home with Jesus.  However, there are many Christians who do not read His word, hearing it on Sunday’s (maybe) or just on occasion. Those are the believers who panic when adversity comes their way.  And adversity always comes everyone’s way, in one manner or another. By knowing the Word of God before adversity rings your door bell, you will be able to rest in peace, knowing God alone is in charge, not you. What a difference it makes to know the Lord who loves us.

ACTION ~ I keep thinking of some homeless people I saw the other day collecting coins from passerby’s. I wish I had had some loose change and also a Bible to give them. Could you hand out Bibles during the Christmas season? I saw the neatest pocket Bibles on clearance a few months ago and now I wish I had bought at least a few of them. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to hand someone a Bible who doesn’t have one? I checked my dollar store and they didn’t have any except the ones with the teeniest print you’d need a magnifying glass to read one. But now, I am going to be on a mission to start looking for them to hand out, not just at Christmas time, but year round. It seems like a sweet gift though, to tie a red ribbon around one and hand it to a person who shows interest in knowing the Lord. I want to be able to give His word out to people starving for unconditional love and acceptance, for peace and comfort, and for trust and hope.


For this year, I'm going to print out the story of Christ’s birth from Luke 2: 1-21, rolling it up like a scroll and tying a festive ribbon around it. I will have them in my car and can give them out to anyone who will receive them. Want to join me?




PRAYER ~ Father give us all the desire to share our faith and trust entirely in You and Your Word. May we make a difference in the lives of people this Christmas season.

Trusting in His Word,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment