Tuesday, July 21, 2015

TRIAL: Word of the Day


Webster says that a trial is “a test of faith, patience, or stamina through subjection to suffering or temptation.” It can’t get any clearer than that, and each of us know what trials are and how they seem to disrupt our lives, right? God is there for us though, as we wade through the various trials. 
1 Peter 1:6-7 reminds us “In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
James 1:2-4 tells us to “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

Not many of us get excited when a time of trial enters our lives. I have a hard time counting it as joy when I am going through it, but when I lean on God; I can endure it and come out wiser. Plus, when the trial is over, I am amazed at how much I grew in my faith.  I persevered, as James calls it, and “hung in there,” as my generation calls it. No matter what it’s called, trials are designed to show us how much we need God, and also His faithfulness in our lives. We need the reminder that God is in charge, and He is bigger than any single trial that comes our way. He will show us the way out, and help us when we are in the midst of the trial.

James 1:12 continues with a reminder that “Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.”



I choose to lean on God during this trial of mine!

Becky Capps
Encourager



No comments:

Post a Comment